Saturday, January 12, 2013

Recycle and Reuse

image

Look what I received in the mail today!  Wonderful seeds for planting in the garden this year.  Loads of tomatoes, squash, beans and flowers for planting.

I also have a wonderful plan for a cold box – straw bales, old windows and plastic for when its windy and cold.  This plan is thanks to a conversation I had with another g+’er on the Growing Food community.

Bonus using the straw is that it can be used for mulch after the plants have been planted, saving on water and keeping little plants a bit warmer when they need it.

Green Crafts

Blog surfing and I spied a wonderful thing.  Reusing baby food jars for spices

Cleaned jars (I would hope so hehe) and lids painted with chalk board paint so you can mark and erase as need be.

I love this idea for its multiple usability.  As Im getting my garden going, herbs will be a big part of that.  I love making pesto using basil from my own garden (yumm!!)  Baby jars at least look like they give a bigger space than the jars purchased in the store.

And you can use them for saved seeds, or left over seeds, or travel ort jar.  Im sure you can come up with other ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment